Saturday, July 18, 2009

What am I Doing Here????


Since it's against the law to strangle cats, I am up and about by 4am...My darling Raisenette Funicello Buttafuco (he head butts everything, including me) was screaming for me to get up and feed him, but I refuse to reinforce his behaviour by doing so. So, he goes into the powder room, and pees on my hand-painted floorcloth. So, I get out of my wonderful, Country French pine bed, (it is still dark out), get the 409, and scrub my floor and my floorcloth. The 409 gives me an asthma attack, so use my inhaler, and am wide awake....What does one do at 4 am, when the rest of the world is asleep....one blogs. Who would think this beautiful cat (Raisen is in front, Gussie behind) could be such a pain....
Gussie never gives us a problem...but he is our problem child.

This is Shadow...in the shadows..She shows up everyday, and follows me about...then, she comes to my back door, and looks wistful, until I cut up an apple (don't tell my husband, as he says they are too expensive to feed to the deer)..and take it out to her.
I just finished drawing her, and am transferring it onto a giant canvas - 5ftx40", and am going to paint her. I have a one-woman show coming in September, and had better add to my "body of work"...


This is "Zoomy" and her mama....we now have three other fawns, who along with their herd, are camping in our back yard...It hasn't rained for a month, it's triple digit temps, and I haul about 8 gallons of water out a day for them, along with corn...everything is dried up..The grass is toast, and the soil is now dust....Gotta love Texas. What does this have to do with Interior Design...not a thing...I am reinventing these days....Being a Gemini, I have an excuse....
It's now 5:18 am, and I've made coffee, and the British Open will be televised at 6 am...life is good...
I know I will be taking a nap by noon.....oh well...such is life.



No comments:

Post a Comment