Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bathrooms of the Not as Rich and Famous



I loved doing this bathroom, in fact, I loved doing the home...it was a Parade Home, and was nearly finished, when a couple bought it - a designer's nightmare, as all the surfaces, paint colors, furniture, carpeting, window treatments had been selected. The builder promised not to sell it until after the Parade of Homes was over, but he couldn't pass up a great offer...I was told by the new owners there would be no changes....Then, I would get calls from my vendors - "Did you know they changed the carpet color and said, "Don't Tell Jessica"?????? What!!! Now, I am not the "Design Nazi", and it is thier home, after all, and my job has always been to give my clients the home of their dreams...but, two weeks before the Parade, and they were changing things behind my back. I got control of the situation, and they got everything they wanted....I just had to be creative about making the furniture that I had ordered work with their changes.

They didn't change a thing about this bathroom..in fact, they loved it. The shower is reflected in the mirror, and there's room in it to have a party...The "floating cabinets" make the spacious space feel even larger. They loved the Ralph Lauren navy paint, and we all made nice.....

No comments:

Post a Comment