Saturday, October 31, 2009

Can You Say "Shoe Sachets"?

When I had my gallery in Wisconsin, about a million years ago, I would whip up "shoe sachets" as stocking stuffers...or just a nice hostess gift, or a gift for the teacher...I charge $12.99 for the pair..which, considering the fabric, ribbon, lavender, and the time making them, that's reasonable...I don't completely fill them with lavender, but use at least 4/5 tablespoons in the toe, and then, fill the rest with fiberfill...
I am going to be at our "Market Days on the Square" next Saturday, so I whipped up about fifteen pairs.

I did try saying "she sews shoe sachets by the seashore"...didn't work out well..you try it..HA!
I wish I had a more diminutive shoe in which to display them, rather than my size 10 gunboats, but at least they are lovely, size 10 gunboats!


I can't decide which color I like best...made them "non-gender specific"...my husband stuffs them in his dress shoes, as well....which do ya'll like better?






I am painting glass today...blew my back out, lifting a big bag of kitty litter, so I have strapped on the heating pad, and am painting all day....
As to the holiday trim for the market, I have to make a bid..they liked my ideas..now, let's see if I get it...Don't want to say too much until the fat lady sings (that would be me)!



2 comments:

  1. Hey Jess,
    These are such a great idea! So pretty too. I can't decide which I like better. Both are perfect for me. I think $12.99 is a good price. I would surely pay that!
    Your beaded shoes are adorable!
    :) Kelly
    PS Take care of your back, you're gonna need it if you get the bid. I got my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kelly,
    I ran out of lavender, but may make more...I put them on my facebook page, and I have old (well, they went to high school with me, so that's old) friends, who want to buy some...

    Painting glass today...
    Are you covering sofas, chairs, cats, dogs, etc. you are so good, if I were that good, I wouldn't be able to stop at just furniture!

    XOXO
    Jess

    ReplyDelete