Saturday, September 5, 2009

Another Option for Silverleafing

I have notebooks...boy, do I have notebooks! I once was the "Queen of Magazines", and found it difficult to keep track of all the things of interest. So, I bought binders and sleeves, and found that I love to sit and cut out my articles, then, catagorize them. Now, I have about a dozen notebooks, some on bedrooms, kitchens, dining rooms, window treatments, cooking, entertaining, crafts, sewing, and gardening. It's all at my fingertips.
Speaking of "fingertips", here is an article that I found in my notebook last night...as you know, I had done a post on silver leafing. This one seems much more concise, and neater...but, I used the same method on the large painting of my dear, deer, "Shadow". I didn't use a silver bole, as I wanted the yellow to shine through the cracks...
I have more to say, now that the exhibit is behind me....just wanted to share this.
Click on the image to read..enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica,
    Thanks for the complements on my kitchen. It means a lot. I see you found my sister's blog. Kay Larch. I told her about you. You 2 have a lot in common.
    I love your silverleaf posts. I never thought of doing the back of a cabinet! I love this! I'm gonna try it for sure. I'm also going to by a thrift store cheap chandelier and silverleaf it and use the black shades that came with mine in the kitchen. I'll use it in our home office. I'll show you when I finish.
    Kelly
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete